Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Year in the Life


This week I hit my one-year anniversary in the Great Northwest, Portland Oregon. As with most anniversaries, I have this "Didn't I just move here?" and "Man, I feel like I've been here for WAY over a year" combination of feelings. Since A Year in the Life of Miss Renee has been adequately documented on this hear blog, I won't do the full recap. But, I just have to say that it's been an amazing year. I've been completely happy with my move and have loved being here from the moment my big toe entered this fine state. I have made some incredible friends, have had a lot of fun exploring the city, and have been really happy. It has been a great place for me to be and I've learned a lot since moving here. It will be fun to see what the next year has in store for me :)

9 comments:

Tamara said...

Yay for you! And YAY FOR PORTLAND! I can't wait to see what's in store for you!

courtney said...

fantastic shot of the sign!

Kim, Byron H & M said...

I can't believe it's already been a year (while at the same time I feel like you've been gone from LA forever!)
I'm so glad you love Portland so much, I always knew you were a Portlander at heart!

BigEd said...

I hope I can be as excited when I hit the year mark. Congratulations, and I so so glad that you are here!

tiffany garfield said...

Congrats!!! I found myself thinking, "Didn't she just move there?" It's crazy! Reading your blog has made ME fall in love with Oregon. It sounds so great! Excited to to hear more about life in Portland! :)

Ryan said...

Way to go on the anniversary! You make any place you are wonderful.

Brittany said...

I love love love Oregon! I'd move back in a heartbeat! I'm so glad you've enjoyed living there. It's a great place... hopefully I can move back some day... that would be fabulous!

cheyney webb said...

I love anniversaries except when we start saying things like "it has been a year since I have seen you." Let's not let that happen. Portland is a great fit for you but who are we kidding, you make everywhere you are great.

Jessica said...

Wow, it's really been a year? I'm so happy for you. It takes so much courage to up and move to the unknown. :)

What are you doing this weekend? Want to meet me in Sacramento for Courtney's wedding open house?!! Call me!!!

love ya