So, this is the post you've all been waiting for! I have finally moved into my new place! It has been a very lengthy and chaotic transition and in an effort to be brief, I’ll spare you the story. But, it was a process that took several weeks, lots of strength, and many many flights of stairs. I've been here for just over a week, and so far, here are the highlights:
This is the front of the house
1. I woke up on my first morning to the most beautiful sunrise. My alarm went off around 6:00 am and as usual, I rolled over to hit the snooze, cracking my eyes only enough to see where the alarm is (this last step is only necessary because it was a new place, now the motion has become part of my muscle memory and I can do it in my sleep). However, I was so grateful that I had to open my eyes because as I was searching for the alarm, I beheld the most beautiful sunrise out my bedroom windows. I’m the luckiest girl in the world! Who gets to wake up to a beautiful sunrise while laying in bed every morning??
2. I LOVE my closet!! It is one of those built in thingamajiggers and is amazing. It is the closet my clothes have been waiting for. I downsized the wardrobe quite a bit with all of my garage saleing earlier this year, and so everything fits just about perfectly (though I had to get rid of a few more things…but it was time for them to go). I could stand a little more room for the shoes, but other than that, it’s perfect. I can now sell the dresser I’ve been dragging around for the last 7 years. The best part of the closet…it has a window!!
This is only one side. On the left there is a whole other
rack for clothes and on the right is a window!
3. I have a neighbor with a pig. Yes, a pig. She walks it on a leash.
4. I painted my room the most delightful color. It is bright blue…very cheery, bright, and soothing. I’m hoping it will trick my psyche into thinking that it’s sunny every day and stave off the mid-winter “blues” brought on by weeks of not seeing the sun.
Please excuse the mess...I haven't fully unpacked the bedroom yet.
5. Our house backs up to a wooded area so we have a beautiful green view and lots of forest animals for neighbors. Yesterday my roommate said she saw a deer and her baby fawn outside her bedroom window!
6. I have already had houseguests. This house seems to be perfect for entertaining and I can't wait for you all to come and visit. We still need a kitchen table and are not entirely moved in, but we learned this week that it doesn't really matter. Come see us soon!